Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Synthestration Update

Hi all,

For those in Synthestration class: I didn't make it to class last Saturday. I wrote to Ed to try and catch up, but it doesn't look like he has the time to answer; I would greatly appreciate any updates on the class from anyone.

What did Ed talk about? Was there any new technique or information that may come in handy?
About our next assignment: are we supposed to write a cue for "Spirit"? Are there any details I should keep in mind?

Please get back to me when you can.
Hope everyone is doing well.

4 comments:

Music by Day said...

Renata

we went over a drum loop and percussion sample program that Ed recommends. I have notes that I will forward to you via email. He gave us a couple of assignments which are both on the server. Our final assignment is 'Robots' and the one before that is a trailer for Ice Age (my notes have more detail). This weeks assignment is to do a sketch for Ice Age. The scetch can be anything that gives an idea of where you are going with your composition. He mentioned doing another assignment this week having to do with a sketch of some sort but I don't see it posted on the site so ?????? What is 'Spirit?'
I'll get the notes to you later today..

Steve

Renata said...

Thanks a lot Steve! I really appreciate it.
Do you have my email address?
I thought we were doing something with Spirit, but I guess not. Perhaps this is for another class and I mixed it up, or Ed changed his mind about it...
I hope you get some help with the Ice Age assignment (I'll take a look at it later).

Renata said...

Steve,

Do you think you can get your notes to me sometime soon? I would really like to have a look at them while I do the sketches.
Also, any luck in finding out what the other sketch we're supposed to do (besides Ice Age) may be? On the syllabus, he had mentioned Dawson's Creek, but...
Please get back to me when you can.
Thanks again.

Renata

More Than That said...

Hi Renata, I don't have anything to add to what Steve said, and also can't find the new sketch.

We can either write the whole Ice Age trailer or just a piano sketch, depending on what we have time for. I think I will do an orchestral sketch.

Hope you are well,
Kasia